St. Andrews Public School is a neighbourhood school which provides a safe, caring, nurturing environment with a strong academic focus. Students are expected to be responsible Canadian citizens.
St. Andrews school was built in 1959 on the estate of David and Mary Thomson, who were among the first settlers in Scarborough. The name honours their Scottish heritage.
Alternate Scarborough Education 1 (ASE 1) is housed in the building. The program offers semestered independent academic studies for students in Grades 11 - 12 .