Norman Ingram PS is located in the north west quadrant of Don Mills. It was one of the original four schools built to serve the new and revolutionary Don Mills sub-division in 1954. The school is named in honour of the late Norman G. S. Ingram, who spent many years in public office. Among his many accomplishments was his lifelong dedication to the education of students in the former City of North York. He was a teacher, publisher of educational text books, Trustee and then Chairperson of the North York Board of Education.