This historic school was established in 1861, six years before Confederation and was the school of the first Canadian born Governor General, Vincent Massey. The school was S.S. No. 8 York Township built and operational by 1883. This school served parts of what was North York, Scarborough and East York (Queen Street East). The second school was created in 1872 to add to the original school. The third school was created in 1876 and the school was referred to as Dawes Road School or The Town Line School. In 1952 Victoria Park School was built, replacing 3 previous country schools that had served the children in this neighbourhood. The school has had a number of additions and in 1996, all classrooms and the office were refurbished.