The Toronto District School Board is a progressive and ambitious public education system serving over 250,000 Kindergarten to Grade 12 students and over 150,000 continuing education learners. We are proud of our accomplishments and the way we continue to provide inclusive and responsive education programs and services for all learners.
The Toronto District School Board is seeking outstanding leaders who inspire educational vision to become Superintendents of Education.
The Toronto District School Board is creating a Qualified Applicants’ Pool (QAP) for Superintendents. Successful candidates may remain in the QAP for a period of three years.
- All applicants must hold a valid Supervisory Officer’s Certificate. Candidates currently enrolled and completing their Supervisory Officer Qualifications’ Program (SOQP) may apply. Candidates must be prepared to assume a Supervisory Officer role in the fall of 2016.
- Candidates must submit a letter of application, Curriculum Vitae and four (4) identified referees (including their immediate supervisory officer/supervisor). Download referee form.
- Resumes should highlight the Ontario Leadership Framework demonstrating personal leadership resources including working with staff and other stakeholders as well as system level leadership.
- A resume validation process will occur including contacting the referees in advance to determine who will move forward in the interview process.
- Please note only candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. Interviews will be held in July at 5050 Yonge Street, Toronto.
Please submit all supporting documents including a recent performance appraisal (if available) and permission to contact the four referees to Joyce Harrison, Executive Assistant to Pat Rocco, Executive Superintendent, Employee Services at Joyce.Harrison@tdsb.on.ca
The deadline for submission of all documents is Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 4:00 p.m.
We are an equal opportunity employer and adhere to fair employment practices.
We strive to meet the accommodation needs of persons with disabilities consistent with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs for accommodation known in advance during the hiring process.