The Toronto District School Board and The Toronto Arts Council are pleased to present the 2016-17 tdsbCREATES Arts Festival
Come out out to see original student work at two exciting culminating events!
Dance and Spoken Word Showcase
Tuesday, April 25 at 7:30 p.m. George Weston Recital Hall, Toronto Centre for the Arts (5040 Yonge Street). Tickets for the final event are free (email email@example.com).
Art and Film Exhibition
Tuesday May 9 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Artscape Youngplace (180 Shaw Street).
All schools are encouraged to participate in tdsbCREATES! How will you inspire creativity in your school? Get involved by asking your students, “Why do you create?” and send it to tdsbCREATES@tdsb.on.ca to be posted on the Arts Department website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. For more suggestions, click here.
tdsbCREATES is a system-wide, grades 1 to 12 celebration of dance, drama, media arts and visual arts culminating in a festival which takes place in April and May 2017 in schools, communities, galleries, and performing arts venues around the city of Toronto.
WHAT IS tdsbCREATES?
tdsbCREATES is a Celebration of Student Voice, Creative Ideas, and Arts for All
WHAT WILL THE FESTIVAL INCLUDE?
- School-based and Learning Network-based arts celebrations
- Artist residencies in dance, drama, and visual arts in up to 60 elementary schools for grades 1 – 6
- Subsidized performances by professional companies in approximately 20 schools
- tdsbCREATES Art & Film: students in grades 7 – 12 will collaborate on art projects and film creation. Student work will be considered by a jury of professional artists for a culminating art exhibition and film screening.
- tdsbCREATES Dance & Spoken Word: students in Grade 7 - 12 will collaborate on original compositions and performances in dance and spoken word
- Across Experiences Arts Co-op – dance and theatre performances and film screenings in Gr. 7/8 schools
TDSB Teachers visit the Arts Department tdsbCREATES web site
Like our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram:
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Program Coordinator, The Arts