In the year ahead, we will focus on acting purposefully for our students, staff and communities, in a way that holds us all accountable for student achievement results, effective use of resources, staff talent growth and development, and planning to sustain and modernize our learning environments.
Our four-year action plan – the Years of Action: 2013-2017 – will guide our work with focus and purpose. Our collective efforts must ensure that every school is able to achieve the goals set out in the four pillars of the Board Improvement Plan.
In 2014, some areas that we will focus on include:
- Providing professional development on advancing Aboriginal education to 100% of school and central leadership teams.
- Providing all Grade 4-6 students the opportunity to participate in School Climate Surveys and using those results to focus our supports to our students.
- Piloting an attendance support program to improve staff attendance and consistency throughout the system, as well as reducing staff costs.
- Increasing public confidence by introducing quality service standards for all departments and schools to guide the way that we work and interact with each other and our community. These standards will include access and accuracy of information and response time, along with courteous and welcoming service from all staff.
- Delivering a balanced 2013-2014 budget without impact to funds targeted for student and classrooms.
- Developing a district-wide action plan to support Science, Technology,Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) for Kindergarten to Grade 12 students.
We are proud to lead this world-class, action-oriented and inclusive public education system, the Toronto District School Board.