May 30, 2019, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Free tour, coffee and lunch provided
Objective: To bring together parents and community members from across school communities to learn about successful arts-based programming and access in five local schools along with engaging in discussion with artists, stakeholders and students about the value of the arts in student well-being.
Building on the success of Arts Intersection 2018, I'm inviting you to join me in celebrating the extraordinary arts taking place in our schools on the Arts Bus Tour 2019. Arts Intersection's mandate is to support and increase parents' understanding of the importance of arts access and participating in the well-being of all children.
This Arts Bus Tour is an opportunity for all parents in Ward 20 to:
- Learn about the best practices in arts participation happening in schools within Ward 20
- Discuss the impact of arts on child development supporting student well-being and global competitiveness
- Share learning across various schools and between parents, educators and artists
- Enjoy a performance by members of the Bedford Trio and hands on activity lead by theatre artist Diana Tso.
- Participate in a panel discussion with artists about the journey to a successful career in the arts
- Celebrate the creative foundatin that is established in arts-based learning
9:15 am Parent Pick-up at Bridlewood Mall parking lot (northwest of Warden and Finch E)
9:30 am Terry Fox PS, 185 Wintermute Blvd.
10:15 am Brookmill Boulevard Jr PS, 25 Brookmill Blvd.
11:00 am Pauline Johnson Jr PS, 35 Dunmurry Blvd.
11:45 am Inglewood Heights Jr PS, 45 Dempster St.
12:30 pm Stephen Leacock CI, 2450 Birchmount Rd. Tour of Leacock facilities and light lunch.
1:00 pm Leacock Auditorium - pianist and cellist play as guests enter
*** Students from Pauline Johnson Jr PS and John Buchan Sr PS are inviited to attend the afternoon session joined by bus tour participants and other parents ***
1:05 pm Warm Up activities led by artist Diana Tso
1:10 pm Introduction to artists: Diana Tso, Andrew Ascenzo, Yvonne Cheng, Student Trustee Ivy Deng,
and parent Rachel DeSousa, moderated by Patty Jarvis
2:00 pm Next steps and closing remarks
2:15 pm Parents are dropped off at Bridlewood Mall parking lot