Small in Size-LARGE in Accomplishments.
King George Junior Public School is located in the Runnymede area, southeast of Jane and Dundas Streets. Opened in 1911, the year of King George V's coronation, it replaced Elizabeth Street School, built in 1882. The present building opened in 1964. With 227 students, a family atmosphere exists in which students, teachers and parents know one another well.
Our motto is "Small in Size - Large in Accomplishments". This motto is borne out in our many successes in academic, artistic, and athletic endeavours.
In April, 2012 we celebrated our 100th Anniversary. There was a full community celebration with past students and staff, and catching up with old friends and neighbours. Students were involved in a variety of activities around this very special event. A quilt, a time capsule, a King George tea towel featuring all students and staff and special t-shirts were made to commemorate this very special event.
In the Spring of 2016 Parent Council funded an Art Installation Project. Each class had the opportunity to learn about a different artist and painted a piece of art in that artist's style. Take a tour of our school yard to see colourful butterflies, street signs, flowers, bird houses and more!