FIDE et LABORE
Allenby is situated in the Lawrence Park community. Its documented history dates back to the 1400's when a tribe of Huron Iroquois erected a longhouse village on the site. Modern-day development in the area led to the Toronto Board of Education deciding in 1926 to build a school. The school was named for Lord Edmund Allenby, one of Britain's foremost soldiers. Opened in 1931, Allenby was renovated and enlarged in 1972 and again in 1994.
A graduation award in his honour, the Allenby Cup, is presented to two students each year who have demonstrated academic achievement, good character and leadership and active participation in school life