Hillcrest Community School is located on Bathurst Street between Davenport Road and St. Clair Avenue. The school first opened in 1905 and has expanded in three stages, the most recent in 1977.
- Hillcrest has approximately 400 students - Junior Kindergarten to Grade 6 - the majority of whom come from English-speaking homes.
- The school shares facilities, including a pool, with Hillcrest Community Centre and a co-op day care centre called Wychwood Tigers.
- The school presents a welcoming environment and celebrates positive partnerships to enhance student learning.
- Our school offers extensive co-curricular experiences for all students
- Swim program grades JK - 6
- Full-time music program grades JK - 6
- Hillcrest has an active School Council.
Hillcrest is a Silver ECO school with exciting environmental education that is integrated in all areas of learning. In addition, our school has solar panels.
We pride ourselves in addressing the needs of our individual children and instilling a love of learning.