School Motto: "Success For All"
Woodbine Middle School, is a vibrant community school committed to ensuring success for all students. We strive to meet the diverse needs of our multicultural community within a positive, supportive, and caring environment. At Woodbine, the staff and students work together to create a peaceful and friendly place to learn. Rules are reasonable, easy to understand, and implemented fairly.
In order to involve parents in their child's learning, we maintain constant communication between the home and the school.
Woodbine students are challenged to reach high levels of achievement as they work to expand their skills in the areas of literacy, numeracy, problem solving, inquiry, and information processing.
Program components which contribute towards the success of our students include:
- a skilled team meeting the specific needs of students requiring English as a Second Language or Special Education support
- a supportive environment which promotes school spirit, student advocacy, positive relationships, academic success and good study habits
- clearly defined expectations of behaviour to create a safe, respectful atmosphere for learning
- enrichment opportunities in mathematics, athletics and the arts
- integration of computers into all areas of the curriculum