Together, we can make great things happen!
Yorkview Public School is located in the Willowdale community, east of Bathurst Street and south of Finch Avenue. The school was built in 1955 and classes began in 1956. We are proud recipient of the Platinum Certification as an Eco-School for the past 7years, and were chosen as an Eco Demonstration School for the school year 2012-2013.
We honour the inclusion, community building and empathy towards differences and strive to embed these in the daily learning and teaching environment. We continue to focus on eco literacy, building student leadership and capacity with strong connections to Global Citizenship and Equity.
- Yorkview is a dual track school offering both regular English ( JK-5)and Early French Immersion (SK-5) programs.
- A large library resource centre, computer lab, two gymnasiums, and two courtyard gardens which serve as outdoor classrooms form part of the facility.
- A thriving childcare centre is housed in the school building.
- Our school serves over 475 students representing over 30 different language groups.
- About 65% of our students speak English as a second language.