Rockford P.S. - Where Every Child Is a Star!
Rockford Public School opened in 1964 and was expanded in 1998 to include additional classroom space, a new Resource Centre and a new gymnasium. Rockford offers 31 classes, from Full Day Kindergarten to Grade Six. In addition to our regular English Program, we also house the Early French Immersion program from Senior Kindergarten to Grade 5.
Our School Mission
"At Rockford we believe students should receive a balanced and integrated program based on Active Learning. This program should be challenging and designed to meet the unique needs of our community. Students are encouraged to work individually and cooperatively to attain and to achieve success in a warm, nurturing environment."
Some Rockford Facts
- The school serves over 700 students representing many different language groups
- About 70% of the students speak a language other than English at home. About 24% of our students have lived in Canada for 5 years or less.
- EarlyON Child and Family Centre, serving infants to school-age children and their parents, offers free literacy-based family activities in the school
- A Child Care Centre for preschoolers to school - age children is also available
- International Language Programs, such as Hebrew and Russian are available Tuesdays after school