Pleasant Public School is situated on Pleasant Avenue south of Steeles Avenue between Yonge and Bathurst Streets. This building shares space with the Peckham Teachers' Centre, Special Events and Media Productions, and Administration Offices.
- The school has an enrolment of approximately 400 students representing approximately 20 language groups. More than two thirds of our students have a primary language other than English.
- As well as regular school programs, we host two special programs which draw children from other schools -- a Middle Immersion/ Extended French program for grades 4, 5, and 6 and a Diagnostic Kindergarten program. A daycare centre is housed in the school and we also host an EarlyON Centre.
Our Mission Statement:
- Our Vision - The vision of Pleasant Public School is to be an exceptional school in the hearts and minds of the community we serve.
- Our Mission - To create an academic centre of excellence in partnership with the community, to ensure life long learning of high quality for all, in a values-based, learner-centred environment and to empower students with the skills necessary to function well in a diverse society.
- Our Values - Partnership, Leadership, Effective collaboration, Accountability, Safety, Academic excellence, Need for respect, Teamwork and citizenship.