ALPHA II Alternative School (Sec)'s Mission Statement
A Supportive Environment
More Information About ALPHA II Alternative School (Sec)
Manage your own time
You will learn to manage your own time and fulfill your own educational goals at Alpha II. This includes determining your own schedule and what you will be doing each day in collaboration with teachers, other students and parents. You learn to take responsibility for your time and for achieving your own goals.
Create, build, and learn the value of failure
You could be an artist, builder, writer, community activist, computer programmer, experimental scientist, musician, inventor, or game designer, to name just a few possibilities. Our mentors will help you find the right people to support your needs and help you work through the different phases of learning including boredom and failure.
Education as unique as you
- Alternative School
- Policy with University of Toronto
- Based on Hall-Dennis Report
- Empowers self direction
- Inspired by Summerhill School
- Decisions based on consensus
- Welcomes community mentors
- Supports diversity and difference
Student Life - Where You Belong
WHAT SETS US APART
- You decide what you will focus on and how you learn at Alpha II
- You belong to a community that values your uniqueness and supports you in your personal journey of learning with opportunities for collaboration, reflection, and feedback.
- At Alpha II we value learning not credentials
- Instead of marks and credits, you build a portfolio of your accomplishments that reflects who you are and aspire to be and can be used in future pathways post Alpha II life,(i.e. Apprenticeship, Work, College, University and Community Living).