Whitney Junior Public School's Mission Statement
Whitney is located in a well-established residential district in the Rosedale/Moore Park area. The first school was built in 1926 and the current building in 1964. Some parents and grandparents of our students also attended the school. In May 2001, we celebrated the school's 75th anniversary.
- The school population is approximately 280 and most students live in the school's catchment area.
- The school has a child care centre and an outstanding record of parental involvement.
- Staff and parents work together to support School Improvement
- Many unique initiatives provide enrichment opportunities and experiences for all students.
- Many opportunities for students to be involved in outreach programs and give to other communities.
Sports and Physical Education
More Information About Whitney Junior Public School
Respectful School Climate
Visiting Artists, Scientists and Director's Cut
- Whitney Child Care Centre
- Itinerant band and strings program
- After Four Programs
- Library/Computer Lab
- Whitney Word Newsletter
- Healthy Choices Week
- Poetry Celebration Week
- Book Fairs
Student Life - Where You Belong
WHAT SETS US APART
PARENT AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
Fundraising has included local charities such as the CHUM City Christmas Wish, Heart and Stroke, Terry Fox, UNICEF and the Daily Bread Food Bank to name a few. Scheduled visits to all classrooms come from the Community Police liaison Officer from 53 Division.