Queen Alexandra Middle School's Mission Statement
Queen Alexandra Middle School is a diverse community of learners who will be prepared to meet the academic challenges of the 21st century. All members will be empowered to be global citizens by thinking critically and acting collaboratively.
- The school serves 400+ diverse, largely inner-city students in Grades 6, 7 and 8. The largest self-identified groups include Caucasian, Indigenous, Latinx, Black, Middle Eastern, and about half the population identifying as East Asian or South Asian.
- The staff is committed to building a strong partnership with students and parents in order to provide a productive, relevant learning environment which includes an extensive co-curricular program to engage.
Queen Alexandra Middle School's mission is to build a community of learners that embraces compassion and fairness. Our goal is to provide students with an environment that nurtures their academic, emotional, social, and physical growth. Queen "A" is committed to motivating students to set goals and reach their full potential. The main purpose of our safe, diverse and inclusive school is to create a culture of responsible students, who maintain their uniqueness and passion for learning.
More Information About Queen Alexandra Middle School
Queen "A" Learning Goals
Commitment to Social Justice
Celebrating the Arts
Queen "A" is on the Move!
- Partnering with Community Agencies
- Extra Curricular Sports and Clubs
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters
- "Drop-in" sports
- One-On-One Mentoring
- Breakfast/Snack Nutrition Program
- After School Programs
- Council Fire
Student Life - Where You Belong
WHAT SETS US APART
Queen Alexandra M.S. started a program at our school to support at-risk students through our “One Caring Adult” (OCA) program. Adults in the building who wish to participate in the OCA program are matched with these students. Together, the adults and students plan their meeting schedule – whether it’s help with homework after school, or 10 minutes weekly to clean out a locker. Each schedule looks different depending on the needs of the student. The Caring Adult becomes a safe and caring “touch stone” adult for the student. Queen Alexandra uses twitter to communicate regularly with students and parents: @queenA_ms