Armour Heights Public School's Mission Statement
Armour Heights Public School is located on the north side of Wilson Avenue, east of Avenue Road. It first opened in 1945 and, at that time, was considered to be a state-of-the-art building.
- The school serves approximately 370 students
- We are a highly respected, progressive, academic school
- Our supportive parent/guardian community, excellent staff and motivated students are all welcome components of our community school
- We are proud partners of the Canadian Forces and Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club
We maintain high expectations for our students by promoting active citizenship through a focus on critical thinking, character education and social responsibility.
Equity and Social Justice
Community is created in each classroom through ongoing conversations relating to social and emotional development and relevant issues impacting our students. Armour Heights uses a restorative approach which helps maintain and repair relationships for fostering a sense of social responsibility and shared accountability.
More Information About Armour Heights Public School
- Full Day Learning coming in 2014
- Sports and Clubs
- Early Reading Intervention
- Welcome Back BBQ in September
- Math Olympics
- Fun Fair in May/June
- Musical Theatre Productions