Windfields Junior High School (Gr 07 - 09)
We create lifelong learners and encourage students to strive for excellence.
Windfields Junior High School has an excellent reputation for both academic and co-curricular achievement. Our mission is to create lifelong learners who will be prepared for the 21st Century through academic, exploratory and technological opportunities and to offer programs that encourage students to strive for excellence. Evidence of our success is indicated by the number of students on our Honour Roll, participation on school teams and activities, and the many trophies indicating success in all areas of school life. These accomplishments are due to the dedication of students, the professionalism of staff, and the immense support of our parents. Windfields has a positive energy which fosters success and goodwill!
- International Baccalaureate - Middle Years Program.
- Dynamic sports program.
- Strong Music, Drama and Visual Arts programs.
- Leadership development.
- Variety of co-curricular opportunities.
- Numerous student success initiatives.
- Robotics Club and woodshop.
Windfields Junior High School is fully authorized to teach levels 2, 3 and 4 of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program, and all students participate in this program. It encourages international awareness, and emphasizes skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to participate actively and responsibly in an increasingly global society. The IB MYP five Areas of Interaction provide a central focus to help students and teachers develop and understand connections between their subject areas and the real world. Students also participate in five enriching special activity days during the year, based on the Areas of Interaction.
Things that Mean a Lot to Us
- Holiday Food Drive • Windfields Cares • Terry Fox Run • Safe School Assemblies • Athletic Council • Holiday Assembly • Environment Day • WIB Student Council • Remembrance Day • Honour Roll • Candy Grams • Certified Eco-School • Grade 9 Graduation • Book Fair • Magazine Fundraiser • Random Act of Kindness Awards.
- Sports Teams: Cross Country • Basketball • Flag Football • Slo-pitch • Tennis • Track & Field • Volleyball • Soccer.
- Music: Chamber Strings • Woodwind Ensemble • Stage Band • Symphony.
Ways We Learn
- Certification Day (topics include fashion design, CSI, survival skills, cooking, Hip Hop, boating, babysitting, ice cream making, CPR, improv, soccer refereeing & anime) • Spelling Bee • Canadian Geography Challenge • Concours d’art oratoire • Windfields Communicator Newspaper • Math contests (Gauss, Atlantic Pacific, Pascal, American Scholastic) • two computer labs.
- Much Music Video Dances • Fun Friday contests (sing-your-heart-out, jello eating & guitar hero) •
Grade 7 Activity Day • so-u-think-u-can-dance • Talent Show • Student-staff softball/volleyball
games • Spirit Week (celebrity, crazy hair, PJ & backward days) • Halloween Costume Contest.