Armour Heights Public School (Gr JK - 06)
148 Wilson Ave, North York, ON
The Spirit of Friendship and Learning
Armour Heights Public School is located on the north side of Wilson Avenue, east of Avenue Road. It first opened in 1948 and, at that time, was considered to be a state-of-the-art building.
- The school serves approximately 350 students.
- Armour Heights is a highly respected, progressive, academic school.
- Our supportive parent/guardian community, an excellent staff and motivated students are all welcome components of this school.
- We are very proud of our strong partnerships with the Canadian Forces and the Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club.
- Our school motto is "The Spirit of Friendship and Learning."
Keeping Our Kids Current
The staff at Armour Heights know that our children have to be prepared for the future. The use of multi-media in the classrooms helps everyone at the school keep in touch with current technology and research. Our close proximity to the TTC also makes it a logical choice for transporting our older students to local events so that our students learn how to maneouver themselves in this big city. We also have developed partnerships with the Canadian Armed Forces Military College and the Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club.
Each month, we highlight one of the ten Character Traits that the TDSB has designated as key to developing caring and responsible citizens. Student participation in assemblies, morning announcements, school productions, service clubs, food drives and fundraising help our young learners understand the importance of giving. Along with our Family and School Association, we annually support a "Giving Tree" in December to provide some happiness to children going through long term care in Toronto hospitals.