Lambton-Kingsway Junior Middle School (Gr JK - 08)
Be The Best You Can Be LKS!
Lambton-Kingsway Mission Statement
· Fostering a safe, positive and respectful learning environment
· Providing an equitable and inclusive learning environment
· Promoting social responsibility through character development
· Developing life-long learners
Lambton- Kingsway Code of Conduct
· One’s self, other’s and people in authority
· Property belonging to the school, community and others
· Diversity in all people (ideas, beliefs, values, opinions)
· Follow all school, TDSB and Ministry rules and policies
· Dress and communicate in an appropriate manner
· Demonstrate honesty, integrity and accountability for your own words, actions and decisions
The primary purpose of student assessment is to improve learning.
Assessment has the greatest potential to improve learning when it is an integral part of classroom activities. Teachers assess student progress on an ongoing basis by using strategies such as projects, class presentations, homework assignments, classroom observations, portfolios and tests. Read more about Student Assessment
Physical Education & Healthy Living
At Lambton-Kingsway JMS we are committed to supporting physical education and a healthy lifestyle for our students through our physical and health education program and our extra-curricular activities. At LKS, students can participate in a wide variety of sports teams that compete across the TDSB. Students can also compete in our inter-school House League Program.
At LKS technology is a strong focus and widely used to prepare our students for the future and whatever opportunities arise for them in the 21st century. Interactive white boards, digital cameras, multimedia projectors, two mobile Mac lab's, and two permanent DELL labs are integrated across the curriculum and effectively used to enhance student learning.
Character Counts at LKS! Teachers discuss theTDSB Character Traits on a regular basis. Many school committees also exist at LKS that foster leadership and character development such as Safety Reps, Student Government and ECO Warriors, to name a few. In addition, students are recognized at sharing assemblies with student of the month certificates.