Special Education programming at the TDSB helps enable all of our students to reach their full potential.
We offer a wide range of special education supports and services that are available to students and their families through their local school. The range and type of support is determined by the level of strengths and needs of the student.
The TDSB is here to help. Our vision is that:
- Students with exceptionalities be welcomed, included and supported within well-resourced neighbourhood schools
- Intensive programs and supports for students with unique strengths and needs be available in sites that are equitably located throughout the Board
- Collaboration and problem solving among school personnel, parents and students is viewed as integral to the development of effective interventions
- Where possible, TDSB facilities are fully accessible to students, families, staff and communities
- Effective practices as evidenced in research and practice in partnership fuel our efforts to better serve our students
Learn more about Special Education at the TDSB