The Toronto District School Board (TDSB) has reached tentative local agreements with support staff represented by the Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) and elementary occasional teachers represented by the Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario (ETFO) — pending ratification.
Ratified local agreements have also been reached with four other employee groups:
• Elementary teachers represented by ETFO;
• Secondary occasional teachers represented by the Ontario Secondary School Teachers’ Federation (OSSTF);
• Education workers (e.g. Child and Youth Workers, Speech-Language Pathologists, Social Workers and others) represented by the Professional Student Services Personnel (PSSP) Unit of OSSTF; and,
• Skilled trades workers represented by the Maintenance and Construction Skilled Trades Council (MCSTC).
• Local negotiations are ongoing with high school teachers represented by OSSTF.
“We are pleased to reach tentative agreements with two more of our unions. Our partnership with them is important to the success of our schools and students.”
- John Malloy, Director, TDSB