What is the TDSB Student SuperCouncil?
The TDSB Student SuperCouncil, is a school based student council. Democratically elected students from all four quadrants in the TDSB form this council and allows the student voice to be heard in the TDSB Boardroom. SuperCouncil holds and/or participates in meetings throughout the year: Executive Meetings, Quadrant Meetings, Sub-Committee Meetings and TDSB Boardroom Meetings.
What does the SuperCouncil do?
SuperCouncil builds a bridge between the TDSB student body and TDSB Executives allowing the student voice to be heard in the Boardroom. We discuss issues and concerns, plan board-wide initiatives, foster student leadership and facilitate communication between the TDSB Boardroom and all students in the TDSB.
What is SuperCouncil's relationship with the two Student Trustees?
Like the SuperCouncil Executives, the two Student Trustees are elected democratically at an annual elections conference. They represent over 250,000 students in TDSB and sit on the Board of Trustees during TDSB Board meetings. The student voice is brought to the TDSB Boardroom through SuperCouncil and the Student Trustees.
What are SuperCouncil's accomplishments?
Some of SuperCouncil's accomplishments include:
- Worked with the Toronto Foundation for Student Success during Feeding Toronto's Hungry Students Week to raise funds towards nutritional programs across the city.
- Hosted the most successful Leadership Camp in TDSB history with the most diverse group of students ever.
- Spoke out against teacher cuts, obtained student consultation with the TDSB budget, and worked on ensuring that students get a greater voice in their schools and in the Boardroom.
- Wrote and passed the revolutionary Student Leadership Policy which will ensure that all students have equitable and sustained access to leadership opportunities.
- Created the SAC handbook.
- Advocates for more technology in the classroom and teacher technology training.
- Advocated for transportation safety around schools at the Active Transportation Summit 2013.
How can students contact SuperCouncil?
Students can contact SuperCouncil members or contacting the Student Trustees. Students can also join our Facebook group to get information about SuperCouncil meetings and events.
How can students get involved in SuperCouncil's Events?
There are many ways that students can get involved in SuperCouncil's opportunities. Check out our events page to see what is coming up soon.