In-School Accreditation for Hairstylist Apprentices
Through this program, apprentices are prepared to write the Certificate of Qualification Examination for Hairstylists in Ontario and to be successful in this competitive industry through the provision of theoretical instruction in techniques such as cutting, styling, colouring physiology, hygiene and salon management and gain practical hands-on experience.
Hairstylist Apprentices require two levels of theory training. Studio 500 offers this in the following ways:
- Full time: 5 days a week, 8 weeks for each level
- Part time: 2 days a week, 15 weeks for each level
In order to attend training at Studio 500:
- Apprentices must be at least 16 years of age, and eligible to work in Canada;
- Must have obtained an Ontario Secondary School Diploma;
- Must be currently employed in the trade and formally registered as apprentices;
- Apprenticeship eligibility is determined by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Studio 500 Apprenticeship Flyer (PDF)
Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) Preparation Course
For more information on how to become a registered apprentice, contact your local apprenticeship office.
For the Toronto region, please contact:
Workplace Support Services Branch
Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities
900 Bay Street, 17th Floor - Mowat Block
Toronto, ON M7A 1L2
Tel: (416) 326-5800 / Fax: (416) 325-6162
In order to register as a student with Studio 500 Hairstyling Apprenticeship program, you must have received your Offer of Classroom Training by mail from the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities.
Once you have received your Offer of Classroom Training, you may register in person at our East Mall location or by calling 416-394-6961 (payment by credit card required).
Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
500 the East Mall (inside Burnhamthorpe Collegiate)
Etobicoke, Ontario M9B 2C4